Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Machete Kills Premiere: Danny Trejo, Mel Gibson, & Robert Rodriguez!

I graphed the Machete Kills premiere last week and I did about as well as I expected.  Most of the celebrities in the movie were not scheduled to attend.  So I was really just going to try to complete some Rodriguez Trejo combos and maybe, just maybe, get a Mel Gibson.  I've never gotten him. 

Well Robert Rodriguez was the first to show and sign.  Robert is next level nice, and if I would see him more in the year he could easily make my best signers list.  At one point late in the night I realized that I had one 8x10 left unsigned and I went up to ask Robert.  The security usher near Robert decided to take it upon himself to not let me ask for an autograph and shoved his hands in my face and said "He's not signing!"  I didn't feel like arguing so I said "ok man no problem" and walked away.   Well I went and stood about 20 feet away with my back turned and suddenly heard "Hey man" from behind me.  I turned around and Robert was walking over to me and said with a smile "You want me to sign something?"  As I said he is ridiculously nice.  He signed my last photo and I thanked him and told him how much I loved Desperado. 




Next was Danny Trejo and he didn't sign as much as Robert, but Danny is pretty damn cool with fans.  I got him on my 27x40 of Machete and three 11x14s of Machete Kills.  I had put Robert on all four of the items, so I was glad to complete the four combos. 



Next was Mel Gibson.  Long story short: I did not get him.  He came over.  He started about ten people to my right.  Then he headed in the opposite direction.  So alas, I still have never gotten Mel Gibson's autograph.  Maybe next time. 


Later in the night I also got Alexa Vega on my one 11x14, so all in all a decent premiere.  






No comments:

Post a Comment