Friday, July 6, 2012

Charlie Hunnam aka Jax Teller from Sons of Anarchy is a Redwood Original

Quite simply I cannot get enough of Sons of Anarchy.  I love watching the show.  I love meeting the cast.  I love getting their autographs.  So when I heard from a friend that Sons was filming in the area I quickly headed out the door.  I really needed Ryan Hurst, Mark Boone Junior, and Kim Coates to complete a cast helmet that I am working on.  Well when I got to the set I found out that none of the three were there.  But it was not all bad news as my consolation prize was none other than Charlie Hunnam, Jax Teller himself.   This guy is so freaking nice and cool.  He was the only one on set that day and I'm not complaining because any day I get Charlie's autograph is a great day.  

He came right over when we called him and rode his harley our way and stopped it in front of us.  


He signed for everyone there and I asked him if he and Ron were doing any scenes together in Pacific Rim because I told him that would be just wrong if they appeared on screen together as characters other than Clay and Jax.  Charlie didn't give a concrete answer, but he did say "we haven't filmed any scenes together yet" but he wasn't sure if they would add scenes. 






We were all telling Charlie how much we loved the show so he asked us a trivia question, "What do I wear around my neck in the show?"  And to be honest it baffled us.  We hesitated for a few seconds and Charlie made a buzzer sound, said "you failed" and started laughing.  Well Charlie I went home and looked it up: A bullet necklace.   And I found an interview where you explain why you wear it:

To prep for his role, Hunnam hung out with outlaw bikers in Northern California. “There was a kid I met in this club who was exactly who I was hired to play. He was the son of a man in the motorcycle club, he’d grown up in the club, every one of his birthday parties had been thrown in the clubhouse. I wear exactly the shoes he wore, the jeans he wore. He had a very powerful impact on me. He was an amazing guy.” And he was shot dead before Sons started production, hence the bullet necklace [Hunnam wears]. “I wear it for him –to remember the flavor he taught me.”

Now I know.  But we all felt like chumps failing his trivia question when we were telling him how big of fans of the show we are. 

I got Charlie on three helmets (one with Ron already on it) and added him to both my cast piece 11x14s.  A great day indeed. 










2 comments:

  1. I m excited for the Fifty Shades of Grey movie. I am really happy for the casting.
    Charlie Hunnam has finally responded to rumors that he's a favorite to play Mr.Grey's role.
    50 Shades Movie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Charlie and Dakota's casting was met with a mixed reception from fans, with many going as far as to sign an online petition calling for stars such as Matt Bomer to be drafted in instead. However, bosses have stuck to their guns - and both relatively unknown actors stand to gain a great deal from taking on the roles.
    50 shades movie
    Thanks For Sharing....

    ReplyDelete