Friday, June 29, 2012

The Amazing Spider-Man premiere with Andrew Garfield, Emma Stone, Rhys Ifans, Denis Leary, Phillip Phillips, Colton Dixon, and more


The Amazing Spider-Man premiere was Thursday and of course I had to be there to get some autographs.   A ton of fans ended up showing up and it was pretty packed in the fan pit area.  The person I wanted the most on the day was Stan Lee, who is just a personal favorite of mine.  Unfortunately he did not come to the premiere. But I did get many other celebrities. 

Here's the packed in like sardines fan pit. 

The first person to sign on arrivals was none other than Spider-Man himself, Andrew Garfield.  He arrived early and proceeded to sign for a solid half hour and made sure to hit every section that fans were standing in. Unfortunately, he arrived with his own bad black pen and would not switch so the graphs were not pristine. Whatever, it happens.  I'm just glad he signed a lot. 





 Below: Andrew signing for the fans across the street from me. 


He even signed again later in the night, Andrew absolutely threw it down at his first premiere as the lead man. 


In total I got him on five 11x14s including two combo shots of him and Emma. 

Rhys Ifans plays the Lizard and he came over when we called him.  He did not seem very excited to be signing though and was kind of erratic.  He skipped over me so I had to chase him down the line.  I managed to get him on four individual 11x14s. 




Next was Emma Stone and she was really really freaking nice today.  She signed pretty much just as much as Andrew and was cracking jokes with the fans the whole time.  


 And Emma signed with Andrew again when they were leaving the theatre.  


I got her on seven 11x14s total.  Four individual 11x14s, two combo 11x14s, and my cast 11x14. 

Next I got director Marc Webb to sign my cast 11x14 photo. 



Next I got Denis Leary to sign and he was pretty cool.  I got him on four individual 11x14s and also added him to my Spider-Man cast 11x14. 






Nathan Fillion was the next to sign, and he's not in Spider-Man so I got him on four 11x14 individual photos.  I liked Firefly so I usually put him on images from that. 



Then was super rare Outsider C. Thomas Howell who you never see in Hollywood.  I helped a few friends who are big fans of C. Thomas get some autographs and I added C. Thomas to my cast 11x14. 



Next I got American Idol winner Phillip Phillips.  I got him to sign a microphone and a pick guard, so I for one will be cheering for his career and hoping he turns out to be big. 




American Idol runner up Colton Dixon was also there.  I took video of him signing and taking pictures with some fans. 


Next I got a living legend Rick Baker.  The guy has worked on so many great movies as a special effects make-up artist.  Including Star Wars: A New Hope, The Rocketeer, Men in Black, Ed Wood, and many more. I had two 11x14s along and he signed them both for me. 



Next I added Embeth Davidtz to my Spider-Man cast 11x14. 


And lastly on the night I added Chris Zylka to my cast 11x14. 


All in all a pretty great premiere even if I didn't get my personal favorite Stan Lee.  


































1 comment:

  1. http://blogs.laweekly.com/arts/2012/06/autograph_hunters_tim_burton.php

    Who is Mike Medlin...interesting article.

    ReplyDelete