Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Internship Premiere

History told me to stay home for this premiere. Vince Vaughn is a bad signer.  Owen Wilson is iffy.  Rose Byrne is tough.   But it was a slow week so I figured why not try it.  Well it could not have gone any better. 

We were all waiting for the guests to arrive when a Google Street View car pulled up.  

I looked in the back, and it was Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson. 

They both got out and came over to sign.  I decided to stand away from the "optimal zone" (I call the optimal zone the area directly across from where a celebrity drops).  Owen and Vince both started signing in the optimal zone. 

But then ten seconds later Vince walked around and came right over to me.  I held out my Wedding Crashers 12x18 and my sharpie and Vince grabbed the pen, signed my photo, and handed back my sharpie.  

Vince signed a few more autographs for people on my right. So I went in my bag and grabbed my Swingers 12x18.  He was still within earshot so I held it out and said, "Vince can you sign my Swingers?" He turned back, grabbed my sharpie, and signed it.  He then tried to hand back the sharpie but dropped it on the ground.   Then to my complete surprise Vince Vaughn bent over, picked up the sharpie he had dropped, handed it to me, and said, "I'm sorry about that brother here you go".   Wow.  You really never know what to expect with celebrities.  I have heard some horror stories about Vince, and I have a few of my own.  But today he was a sweetheart.  The guy has been in a ton of movies I grew up on and loved, so to have this good experience with him was great. 


So next my focus was on completing my Wedding Crashers combo.  I immediately moved and went to find Owen.  He was a bit further down to the left and I quickly got in front of him and held out my photo.  He saw it and went right for it.  Boom.  Wedding Crashers combo complete! 




I also had a few photos for Jessica Szohr, so I went to get those signed.  She's a pretty good signer, so it was pretty easy to get my three 11x14s done. 






I even got a couple Rose Byrne autographs but both of them weren't for myself. 

All in all it was a pretty good premiere. I went home and immediately watched my Wedding Crashers DVD. 











No comments:

Post a Comment