Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Glee Event with: Lea Michele, Matthew Morrison, Jane Lynch and more


I did a Glee event on Tuesday night and it ended up being about as good as I thought it would be.  A few of the Glee kids are not that cool, and tonight: Corey Monteith, Naya Rivera, Amber Riley, Jenna Ushkowitz, and Darren Criss all didn't sign.  Dianna Agron and Mark Sailing never showed. Heather Morris signed a handful and walked away (I did not get her).  But hey, at least Matthew Morrison is really nice and Lea Michele is usually pretty cool too. 

Here is who I did get, Jane Lynch was first to show and was really nice. She sometimes just refuses to sign, but if you catch her on the day she is signing she tends to sign everything you have.  I added her to a new cast piece and the Rolling Stone 11x14. 






Dot Jones was next and she is always really nice too.  She signed my 11x14 cast shot. 


Jayma Mays was next and she's almost always really nice and sweet so I decided to print an individual 11x14 of her today.  She signed it for me and my cast 11x14 as well. 







Next was Harry Shum Jr. and Harry usually signs and moves really quickly down the line.  Today was the same.  I added him to my cast 11x14. 




Matthew Morrison came next and this guy is always really really high energy and interactive with fans.  He signed my cast 11x14 and my Rolling Stone 11x14 as well.  





Kevin McHale was next and Kevin can be hit and miss and sometimes doesn't sign, but today he did.  I added him to my cast 11x14. 





Then came Lea and the madness ensued.  The crowd went the whole night without too much shoving . . . until Lea arrived and it turned a bit crazy.   I wanted to work on individual stuff instead of adding her to my cast pieces tonight.  I managed to get two 11x14s signed very quickly when she came over.  I thought that was all I could get as she moved past me down the line, so I stayed where I was. I was talking with a buddy when I looked over and she was quickly moving right back down the line in my direction.   I reached down, grabbed another photo, held it out, and she signed it.  Three Lea Michele 11x14s.  Not bad.  Especially since I got shut out the last two times I saw her. 



And last but not least Chris Colfer signed and I added him to my cast 11x14.  Chris is pretty hard to get and this if the first time I've gotten him, after seeing him at least five other times. 




Allright here's the 11x14 cast piece I worked on, it has Jane Lynch, Chris Colfer, Jayma Mays, Kevin McHale, Matthew Morrison, Harry Shum, and Dot Jones on it. 
Here's the 11x14 Rolling Stone I got Jane and Matthew on. 
Not a bad day graphing. 












2 comments:

  1. Ken & I got Lea Michele last night while she was out on the town in Vancouver with Cory Monteith. Not a pleasant girl at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe she just doesn't like Canadians :) Lea is the only cast member who is almost a sure thing to sign in LA. Whether it's a premiere, network party, Q&A, charity event, etc. she almost always signs here.

      Delete