Wednesday, August 29, 2012

The Possession Premiere


The previews for The Possession look pretty damn scary.  Check it out for yourself:

After watching the preview I did two things: slept with the lights on for a week, and decided I wanted to go to the premiere to get some autographs.   I thought cast pieces should be my priority since I think the movie is going to be good and the easiest time to complete a cast piece is at the premiere (otherwise you can be waiting years to see these people again).  So I brought a 11x14 and a 12x18 cast piece along, and to cut to the chase I did pretty well getting the stars' autographs on them.  I got Jeffrey Dean Morgan, Kyra Sedgwick, Natasha Calis, Matisyahu, and mastermind Sam Raimi on both. 

JDM is in my best signers list and he did not disappoint again tonight.  I have sooo many of his autographs that I just didn't feel the need to bring anything other than my cast pieces for him to sign tonight. 
JDM's significant other is Hilarie Burton and she showed up and signed a lot too.  

Kyra Sedgwick was OK about signing,  she didn't sign a ton but I was still able to get her on both my cast pieces and one of two individual 11x14s I had along. 


Natasha Calis looks like she plays a pretty scary demon-possessed-child in the previews and I'm anxious to see how she actually is in the movie.  I got her on both the cast pieces and I had one individual 11x14 along for her too. 


Sam Raimi has a cult following for his work on Army of Darkness, Spider-Man, Drag Me to Hell, etc. So I was happy to add him to both my cast pieces since he's a producer on The Possession. 

Craig Parker has worked with Sam on Legend of the Seeker and Spartacus so he showed up to support his friend.  I got him on seven 8x10s I had from Legend of the Seeker. 





Also another person watching the movie was Fran Kranz aka the stoner from Cabin in the Woods.  It killed me that I didn't have my cast piece along (Fran did not attend the Cabin premiere), but I had an individual 11x14 in the car so I had him sign that. 


And lastly . . . KIDS DO NOT TRY THIS AT HOME. . . someone told me Masiela Lusha had just went into somewhere near by so I ran to get my photos.  I had them in my bag when I saw her drive by in her car and get stopped at a red light.  I went into traffic and asked her to sign.  She just laughed at me and said "sure" and signed my three 11x14s I had. 


And that's it for this premiere. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment