Saturday, June 9, 2012

Rock of Ages premiere with Tom Cruise and more


The Rock of Ages premiere was Friday and I showed up super early to make sure I had a front row spot for me and some buddies.  After hours of waiting we heard from the people running the event that Tom was probably going to show up at around 5pm.  True to form, that's exactly what he did.  He stayed with the fans for about an hour and ten minutes, but he did not sign a lot of autographs.  If you wanted to get your picture with him, or have a conversation with him, and have him look you in the eyes and thank you for coming out it was your kind of day.  Johnny Depp signed for forty five minutes at Dark Shadows and was signing the whole forty five minutes.  Johnny probably signed at a rate of 15-20 autographs per minute.  Tom on the other hand was signing at a rate of about 2-3 autographs per minute.  I managed to get four autographs from Tom but let me tell you it was not easy.  I worked my butt off to get the four (one Rock of Ages cast 11x14, two Mission Impossible 11x14s, and one Last Samurai 11x14).   It was an hour of me getting pushed and shoved and annihilated just to get the four.  Whereas Johnny Depp signed five for me immediately when he was in front of me in a matter of thirty seconds.  So while I would say Tom Cruise is a really good interacter with fans,  he by no means was a good signer last night.















Next to arrive was Rock of Ages director Adam Shankman.  He signed my Rock of Ages cast 12x18 and my cast 11x14. 



Then came Julianne Hough and she is always pretty nice.  She was again today.  She signed my cast 11x14, cast 12x18, and three individuals 11x14s too. 






A few members of Poison showed up and I was able to add C.C. DeVille and Bobby Dall to my Rock of Ages cast 11x14. 


Then came Catherine Zeta-Jones and I lucked into one but she was being pretty difficult.  She was skipping sections of people, skipping photos, moving really fast in some areas, then moving really slow in others.  I'm happy I got my one 11x14 signed. 




Malin Akerman came next in a pretty revealing dress on a windy day ( I'm not complaining).  She is also someone who is really nice.  I got a bunch of autographs from her at Wanderlust so I only brought one individual 11x14 along today.  I  got her on my cast 11x14, cast 12x18, and the individual 11x14.









Neal Schon from Journey came and I got his autograph on a microphone.  I didn't have my camera ready and he walked right to me very quickly so all I got was a photo of him walking away after he signed it for me. 


Russell Brand came and was pretty eccentric looking and acting.  I added him to both my cast pieces. 




Fergie and Josh Duhamel showed up.  Josh was wearing an 80s rocker costume and came with a beer in hand.  I took video of them. 


Tobey Maguire also showed up and quickly came over and shook some hands.  I saw he wasn't signing anything so I just took video of him too. 


And that was all I got.  Not a good day at all.  Here's my completed cast photos.  The 11x14 has: Tom Cruise, Malin Akerman, Julianne Hough, Russell Brand, Adam Shankman, C.C. DeVille, and Bobby Dall on it.   My 12x18 has Julianne, Malin, Russell, and Adam on it. 

Paul Giamatti signed for about five people then left. 

Bryan Cranston signed in a different area then I was standing.  

Alec Baldwin also signed in a different area. 

Diego Boneta was being super erratic and just skipped my barricade completely when signing. 

Mary J. Blige did not sign. 

Justin Theroux did not sign. 























1 comment:

  1. Good job Tony!
    Getting Tom in the past I pretty much knew he was going to work his way through most of the barricades so I purposely got a spot away from the regular collectors and dealers. I knew it was going to get crazy in that area and I wouldn't get all my stuff signed. Though I knew Tom would be the only one that would go that far, I was more than happy with that. I got a lot more Cruises done because I laid not one but several items on a board ( up to 7 on each side! ). Also Tom was able to hear me better over the shouting. Right when he came to me I told him the amount of items I had. By doing this he was aware of what I had and he just started racking and signing away. I had to move only once to be able to get everything done. I then managed to move and after I got Cruise I got my other goal with Zeta Jone. That's it. Have gotten the other people many times before, so I didn't care for anyone else. Best thing for me messing with this premiere.......was I didn't have to waste my day getting there at the crack of dawn. A practice I wish would end! I got to the premiere at 4 and was done by 6:30! Wish all premieres were this easy! Anyway, again good job Tony. Good luck at the next event!

    ReplyDelete