Friday, June 29, 2012

Savages Premiere with Benicio Del Toro, Salma Hayek, Taylor Kitsch, John Travolta, Mary-Louise Parker and more


The Savages premiere was Monday and I was most excited for Benecio Del Toro, Blake Lively, and John Travolta.  Well I left with two out of three so not too bad.

The first person to sign was Demian Bichir.  I've had kind of odd results with him in the past.  At one event he signed but didn't speak one word and after he left everyone was asking if he spoke english because he wasn't responding to anything anyone said. But today was a whole different story.  The guy signed for the whole block and was interacting with fans left and right.  Just shows you can never predict how a celebrity will act. I added him to my Savages cast 12x18. 


Next was a guest, Mary-Louise Parker or Nancy Botwin from Weeds.  She is not in Savages but was still nice enough to sign for everyone.   I had three individual 11x14s along and I got them all signed easily.  




Next was Emile Hersch.  I really liked Into the Wild (I'm a sucker for any movie with visually striking nature scenes.  The best part about Twilight to me was seeing all the Pacific Northwest landscapes).  So I was happy to get Emile on an 8x10 from Into the Wild and I also added him to my Savages cast 12x18.



Next was Benicio Del Toro and Salma Hayek, they both signed and they both reached my section at basically the same time so I had to juggle photos.  I got Benicio first and put him on a Fear and Loathing combo 12x18 of him and Depp.  I will get Depp to sign it for me at his next premiere. 


Salma was right behind Benicio but she was not signing "sexy" images.  I put out a shot of her in a low cut top and she said "not that one".  So I then went to a photo of her in another tight dress and she wouldn't sign that one either.  Then I put out the photo of her from Puss in Boots and she went right to it, and I held out the Savages 12x18 cast shot and she also went right to that. 




Joel David Moore signed next and I added him to my Savages cast 12x18.


And then lastly for arrivals Taylor Kitsch signed and I got him on two individual 11x14 shots and also added him to my Savages 12x18. 



That was it for arrivals.  John Travolta and Kelly Preston just waved to the crowd when they arrived and did not sign.  After John went on the carpet, his publicist came over to the crowd and said John is very sorry but he's not signing today because of the recent press that he has gotten.  Which doesn't make sense to me.  Alright if you're a celebrity and you have some bad press happening, why not come out to a premiere and sign up a storm, take pictures with everyone, shakes hands, etc.  Doing that would help your public image more than coming over and saying John is not signing because he is involved in a scandal.  At any rate I wasn't willing to give up on him so I waited for him to leave. 

And sure enough when he left he did sign for a small section of fans waiting.  I managed to get two 11x14s signed from him, both Pulp Fiction images.  It was pretty crazy and chaotic so I was not able to get proof photos.  I ended up giving one of my photos to a tourist who saw me get John to sign it. 

Here is my finished Savages cast 12x18 with:  Demian, Salma, Joel, Emile, and Taylor on it. 


I did not get Blake Lively. She signed, but I just had a string of bad luck with her.  I was just in the wrong place at the wrong time when she signed.  It happens. 

Aaron Johnson did not go to the premiere. 


























No comments:

Post a Comment