Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Let It Shine premiere with Bella Thorne and Ariel Winter, and big blow offs by Zendaya Coleman and Cody Simpson

Well I've been working on a Modern Family cast piece for a while and it just needed Ariel Winter so when I heard she was going to attend the Let it Shine premiere I decided to go.  Also attending was Bella Thorne and Bella always comes early to premieres and is always really nice.   Once again tonight she was the first to show and she signed a good amount.  I got her on eight 11x14 photos (I think her fame is only going up so I want to get as many as I can now). 


Next came Ariel Winter and she was also really nice.   She signed a bunch and between arrivals and departures I managed to get her on two 11x14s (one of which was my completed cast piece) and six 8x10s. 



Jake Short came next and I happened to have an A.N.T. Farm 8x10 along so I had him sign it. 


The main cast of Let It Shine were all in attendance too.  Tyler James Williams came over and signed quickly.  I got him on one of my two 8x10s but his publicists quickly pulled him away to go do more interviews. 
 Trevor Jackson came over and was really nice to everyone.  He signed both my 8x10s. 
 And CoCo Jones was really nice too, she also signed both my 8x10s. 
 Here's my Let It Shine cast 8x10s. 

BooBoo Stewart also came and he is always really nice.  He's always with his family and you can tell his parents are really good people and do a good job of keeping their famous children humble.   I had two 8x10s along and BooBoo signed them both for me. 



Madison Pettis also went and she was really nice too.  I had two 8x10s along and she signed them both.


Joel Courtney showed up out of the blue and I happened to have my Super 8 cast piece on me so I quickly pulled it out and had him sign it as he was leaving. 

And now for the blow offs.  Cody Simpson showed up and there were only three people in the fan pit asking for his autograph.  The way the set up was he had to walk directly in front of us and stand only ten feet from us waiting to get on the red carpet.   Well immediately when I saw him I called him and asked if he could sign.  He was only fifteen feet from me so I know he heard me, but he just looked over and gave a wave (acting like he didn't hear me say "can you sign an autograph").  He then stood directly in front of us for a couple minutes and we called him again.  He ignored us.  Then he got moved and had to come and stand three feet from us, so close I could have reached out and put the sharpie in his hand if I wanted.   I asked him again if he would sign and he said, "I'm sorry guys I can't do that".   Three people safely behind a barricade asking him to sign.  That's about as low key as you can get, and he blew us off.  Not cool at all. 

But that might not be as bad as Zendaya Coleman.  Or more specifically Zendaya's publicist and father.   On the way in Zendaya arrived and also had to stand 10 feet in front of us.  Again there were only three people asking her to sign.  My buddy had a 12x18 Shake It Up photo for his daughter that Bella Thorne had already signed and personalized to his daughter.  He asked Zendaya if she could sign it and personalize it to his daughter too.   Zendaya hesitated then asked her publicist "Can I sign for him" and I heard him give a one word response, "No".  Incredibly uncool.   Then on the way out Zendaya was not with her publicist but instead her father.  My buddy again asked her, "Can you sign this and personalize it for my daughter".  Zendaya said yes and started to walk his way when he father stopped her and said "We're leaving".  We didn't want to give up that easily so instead I walked up to her dad.  I walked next to him and said, "Sir, is there any chance she can sign one autograph it's for his daughter and Bella already signed it".   He looked at me and these were his exact words, "For a hundred bucks".  WOW!  Real classy buddy real classy.   Someone wants an autograph personalized to his daughter and you ask for a hundred bucks.  Really freaking classy.  























2 comments:

  1. I would have gave him the riot act of "You only get one chance to make a first impression and you failed for your daughter" speech. I understand about not signing for ebayers, etc...but if they ask someone to personalize it for a fan then that is another story. Does her publicist know the business in trying to be fan friendly or what? Sad story eventhough I dont know any of these guys (which makes it worse as they arent like A listers)

    ReplyDelete
  2. In defense of young child stars like Zendaya and Cody try putting yourself in their place. It does seem strange when an adult asks basically a young kid for an autograph. Yeah, you voluteered personalization and you said it was for your daughter BUT if your son or daughter are such big fans then why didn't they come with you to the premiere? It does seem kind of odd and suspicious. Next time bring the kid along and I'm sure these two people will sign for you.

    ReplyDelete