Friday, June 29, 2012

Magic Mike premiere with Channing Tatum, Alex Pettyfer, Matthew McConaughey, Matt Bomer, and more


Yes I graphed a movie premiere about male strippers.  The crowd was really big for Magic Mike and the majority of fans there were girls trying to get pictures with the guys.   I had mixed results when the day was over, as Matthew McConaughey skipped right over my section and Channing Tatum was being uncool to any male asking for an autograph.    

The first person to sign was Betsy Brandt.  I had an 11x14 from a Breaking Bad event I did the week before so when she drove up in her car with her window down I held it up and she saw it and waved to me, then came right over to sign.  I also added her to my cast 11x14. 



Then came Matt Bomer and he is always really nice.  He was again today.  I had four individual 11x14s along and I got all four signed.  





Next was Alex Pettyfer, who is usually pretty tough but today he signed up a storm (sometimes people who don't sign at other events just end up racking at their own premieres).  I had three individual 11x14s along and got them all signed, a put him on a three person shot, plus I added him to my cast 11x14. 




Matthew McConaughey was next and was signing in a straight line and right when he was about five people from me he decided to skip my entire section.  His publicist even said, "lets skip this section" as she pointed at us (and I captured her point on camera).  So once again I did not get his autograph (seen him twice the last two years and have zero autographs to show for it).

Then was Channing Tatum and while Channing used to be cool, I'm officially taking him off the cool list.   He was trying to skip males and only sign for females.   He was signing in erratic patterns (signing for ten feet then skipping the next ten feet).  I managed to get one from him but it was pure luck. 


That was it for arrivals.   Then after the movie was over on exits I managed to get one Cody Horn 11x14 signed. 



I also got one Adam Rodriguez 11x14 who was also being kind of uncool about signing today. 

And lastly I got two Olivia Munn 11x14 photos signed.  

All in all I left pretty disappointed with this premiere though.   Channing and McConaughey just completely skipped sections with a lot of fans.  And Joe Manganiello signed for ten foot section and then just walked away. 

























No comments:

Post a Comment