Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sons of Anarchy Hogs for Heart with: Charlie Hunnam, Ryan Hurst, Kim Coates, Ron Perlman, & more

Kim Coates was hosting a charity event to support his daughter's non-profit organization One Heart Source.  One Heart Source is designed to empower young people through education, and to provide high quality education and care for vulnerable children in Tanzania and South Africa.   In order to get into the event there was a hefty donation fee but I thought it was worth it to help support a good cause and get some face time and autographs from the SOA cast. 

Pretty much every main cast member showed up besides Maggie Siff (who had a scheduling conflict), and everyone was really cool and signed a lot.  I started two new 11x14 cast pieces and I filled them both up in one night.  I got 13 signatures on both: Charlie Hunnam, Ron Perlman, Ryan Hurst, Kim Coates, Tommy Flanagan, Mark Boone Junior, Theo Rossi, Katey Sagal,  David Labrava, Dayton Callie, Christopher Reed, Emilio Rivera, and Michael Ornstein. 

I took video of Kim thanking everyone and bringing the cast on stage including a newly beardless Ryan Hurst:


Since this was a classy-shirt-with-a-collar type of event I felt it rude to take flash pictures so I just took a few sneaking cell phone no flash pics throughout the night. 

Below: Mark Boone Junior schmoozing with the crowd
 Below: Kim Coates playing host, he worked the room all night
Below: Ron Perlman working his way through the crowd
 Below: Katey Sagal signing a few autographs
 Below: Theo Rossi chatting (he brought his girlfriend Sarah Jones along who played Polly Zobelle on the show and is now staring the the CBS show Vegas)
Below: Ryan Hurst enjoying a tasty brew while talking with Christopher Reed
Below L-R: Ryan Hurst, Dayton Callie, and Charlie Hunnam having a chat


Now let's get to some autographs. I was probably most pumped to get some season 5 images done.  I finished a new Charlie and Ryan combo and also a four person 11x14. 

Charlie also completed my Ryan combo that Ryan signed for me back in July and I also got him on a Green Street Hooligan 11x14.

 I was honestly most excited to see Ryan because I'm not sure when I'll get to see him again.  I'm gonna miss him on the show and personally I didn't like the way he was killed off.  It seemed forced.  Almost as if there were ulterior motives from the writers.  They build up the character of Opie for the past four years and have his wife get murdered and then his dad get murdered.  If anyone deserved to live through the end of the series it's Opie.  The episode where Opie died even seemed forced.  Honestly I just hated everything about how he was killed off.  It was the first time I thought the plot line of the show was poorly written. 

But I was happy to get Ryan to sign the six photos I had along that needed him. 

I got my first ever Katey Sagal autograph with a character name.  I've personally never had her write "Gemma" before on anything I've gotten signed. 

And lastly I brought my 11x14 dual shot that Rockmond Dunbar had already signed for me at the Season 5 premiere and Theo Rossi completed it for me. 

That's it for this one, a cool night with cast members of a great show. 













No comments:

Post a Comment