Friday, March 9, 2012

Bones: Emily Deschanel, David Boreanaz, Michaela Conlin, TJ Thyne, and John Francis Daley

Bones was having a Q&A event on Thursday and I decided to go since it's rare to see Emily Deschanel but she is nice when you do see her.   I'll admit, I've only seen a few episodes of the show but judging by the fans inside the event it's obvious Bones has a pretty big following.  

I ended up getting everything I had brought along signed, which is always a good thing.  

Right when the event broke and the autograph part began I immediately B-lined to Emily.  Luckily I ended up directly in between David and Emily so both were within arms reach.  Emily in the beginning was trying to only do one per person, so I quickly got an individual 11x14 signed and then got a dual shot 11x14 of her and David signed.  I then turned to my right and reached for David.  He was signing everything you put in front of him.  So I had him sign one individual 11x14, and two dual shot 11x14s. I then turned back to my left and reached out the combo shot of Emily and David that David had already signed and Emily saw it and went right to it.  I had two combo shots left in my bag unsigned, so I strategically got them both signed by David first, then went back over to Emily and when she saw they were signed by David she immediately signed them.   I ended up with one individual 11x14 of Emily, one of David, and four 11x14s combo shots of the two of them all signed.  






So now all my Emily and David photos were signed.  I worked my way across the stage to where Michaela, TJ, and John were signing.   The first person I got to was Michaela.   She saw my 11x14 photo of her and said "Ew a big one" and signed it really nice full signature.  I couldn't move so I waited another minute then held out my second 11x14 photo for Michaela to sign.  She saw it and again said something about it being nice, and signed it.  





I then worked my way further to my right and T.J. Thyne was the next person I could reach.  I held out my two 11x14 photos and he immediately went right to them and signed them.   It helps to have actual photos of the people when the majority of the crowd is getting programs signed, or pieces of paper, or cell phone covers, etc.  The celebrities seem to gravitate towards the photos. 


And lastly I had to get my John Francis Daley photos signed.  I saw he was all the way in the corner so I tried calling him to come over to me ten feet away but the crowd was too thick and I'm not even sure if he heard me.  I waited in my spot for about two minutes then just decided to go to him.  I backed out and climbed over some chairs, moved to the right, and climbed back over some chairs to get to him.  As I was still climbing the chairs he saw my photos and reached for them,   I handed him my photos and a sharpie and he signed the first one then flipped the photos himself and signed the second one and handed them back.  I thanked him and he said, "no problem man".  


I ended the night with twelve 11x14 photos signed (four of which were combo shots of David and Emily).  So I had a pretty good night. 





No comments:

Post a Comment