Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mark Duplass, you complete me (and my League cast shot too).

Oh The League on FX.  I like the show and love the characters.  So back in September 2011 when they had a premiere for Season 3 I showed up with two cast 11x14s hoping to complete them both on that night.  I was severely disappointed.

Katie Aselton and Paul Scheer were nice.  They signed and interacted with fans.  Steven Rannazzisi did it but looked very irritated to be signing.   Jonathan Lajole only signed about 10 autographs the whole night and the only reason he did it was because his car was parked where he had to walk directly in front of us (the rest of the night he ignored us).  Nick Kroll was having NO part of signing.   And Mark Duplass didn't even show up to the premiere.   So I left this night in September with cast pieces needing Nick and Mark to be complete.

I went to a talk show about a month later because "cast members of The League" were supposed to be on.  Mark Duplass was not one of them. Nick Kroll showed up and it was just me and a buddy there,  we asked him to sign and he hesitated,  we replied with "Nick there's only two of us man come on".   He reluctantly did it and he didn't even want to sign my second cast piece since he "already signed one for you", but I talked him into it.  So now my cast pieces just needed Mark Duplass.

Another few months went by and I was at The Descendants premiere and I spotted Mark Duplass walking into the theatre as a spectator of the movie.   I waited two and a half hours for him and him alone to leave the theatre.  I never saw him leave.  He either snuck out the side or back of the theatre.  I was devastated.

So when Jeff, Who Lives at Home had a premiere and Mark directed the movie I knew I had to get him. Sons of Anarchy was also having an event on the same night, so my plan was to do arrivals of Sons of Anarchy, drive across town get Mark Duplass, and drive back across town to go into the Sons event.  Well it worked out.  Success.   I got this fool.  The league cast pieces are done.   For all the shit this cast put me through, I'm not sure if I'll ever start another league cast piece.



No comments:

Post a Comment