Saturday, August 25, 2012

Matt Kemp of the LA Dodgers!


On Thursday, the day before the huge blockbuster trade which saw the Dodgers get three 100 million dollar players from the Red Sox (two of which are still owed $100 million on their contracts: Adrian Gonzalez and Carl Crawford), I was waiting at an event for some actors when I saw Matt Kemp walking towards me.  It was one of those freak coincidences that happen in LA (if you're in public, you're going to see celebrities).  I always carry a baseball on me so I quickly reached down in my bag and grabbed it and a pen.  I didn't want to run up on him so I just called to him "Matt can you sign a baseball?".  He looked over to me and shook his head yeah as he kept walking and said, "throw it to me dog".  I underhand tossed it to him and he signed it and tossed it back.  A pretty cool autograph and a pretty good story to go with it, now the Dodgers just need to use all this new payroll to win the World Series this year. 












No comments:

Post a Comment