Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Dark Shadows Premiere aka Johnny Depp rackfest


Oh man was the Dark Shadows premiere some crazy crazy stuff.  The crowds were literally lining the entire block of Hollywood Blvd just to get a glimpse of Johnny Depp.  I was told some got there at 10pm the night before.  Madness.  

I got pushed and shoved and elbowed and beaten, but in the end it was all worth it.  

First lets talk about the other people not named Johnny in the movie.  

Bella Heathcote was the first person I got (Jackie Earl Haley came first but only signed for a 10 foot section).  Bella was pretty quick about signing but she was nice.  She signed two 11x14s for me. 




Then came Eva Green and she did not sign for long.  I managed to get four 11x14s signed mostly by shear luck.  Her publicist was talking to her and she was in front me and Eva wasn't paying attention to what she was signing. 







Next was Michele Pfeifer and she signed more than at the New Years Eve premiere and I managed to get one this time.  I added her to my Scarface 11x14 that already has Pacino on it. 



Than came Tim Burton and oh my good grief was the pushing and shoving bad for him. Easily the worst I've been crushed in 2012.  I had to literally stop trying to get autographs and instead focus on not being trampled.  I did manage to get two 11x14s signed, both dual shots of him and Depp. 



And then the main event.  Johnny freaking Depp. Johnny did press first today (before signing) so when he was done he had all the time in the world to sign, and that is exactly what he did.  He signed for one entire side of the Hollywood Blvd moving quite slowly actually, then he went ahead and signed for the other side too.  He literally signed from the time the sun was shining bright until the sun was down. It had to have been 30-40 minutes if not more.  Amazing.  I managed to get five from him when he first came to my section and I was in the front row. After he passed I moved to different parts of the block and I managed to get four more out of him by weaseling into the 2nd and 3rd row and reaching my stuff in.  I ended up with one signed sweetspot baseball, one 8x10, two 11x14 combo shots of him and Burton, and five individual 11x14s.  















 The thing I love most about Johnny's signing habits is he always picks the best part of the item to sign.  All my photos are signed in the clearest space, and he even perfectly centered his signature on the sweetspot of the baseball. It's hard enough to get most celebrities to sign in the whitespace when it is low key, let alone in a crazy crowd.  












No comments:

Post a Comment