Thursday, May 31, 2012

Tom Sizemore signs some autographs

So after True Blood I headed over to a different venue to get Tom Sizemore on some of my cast pieces.   I had a Saving Private Ryan signed by Damon, a Black Hawk Down signed by Jason Isaacs and Brian Van Holt, and True Romance that had no one on it yet.  When I got to where Tom was at I realized he played Pete Rose in the movie Hustle.  So I also brought out a baseball to have him sign.  

Well Tom came out and was as nice as could be.  There were only four graphers there and we all knew each other so we worked together and engineered a game plan: first hand him a blue and get all your light photos done, then hand him a silver and get your dark photos signed, then let me get in there with my ball point pen for the baseball, then do photos with.   Well that's exactly how it went down. 

When I handed Tom the baseball he said something that I'm still a little baffled about.   First he told me that Ted Sizemore (who was the 1969 NL Rookie of the Year) is his uncle.  I didn't know that so I was said wow that's pretty cool.  Seeing that I liked his baseball connection Tom then told me that Grady Sizemore (Cleveland Indians Outfielder) is his nephew.   I said holy shit, you got a family of baseball players.   Tom said he thinks Grady is the best center fielder in baseball and I commented that he's a beast but has had some really bad luck with injuries and needs to stay healthy.  Tom agreed Grady has had some bad luck.  Tom then signed my baseball and I asked him to write Charlie Hustle on the top panel and he did.  

Well here's the baffling part . . . I see nothing on the internet about Tom being related to Grady or Ted.  In fact, a few sites say they definitely are not related.  Did Tom Sizemore just punk me?!?  Or does the internet just not know about their shared ancestry?  I'm really confused now.  Tom Sizemore, what's up man?  I'm gonna give you the benefit of the doubt and say that the internet is wrong, but I'm definitely asking him the next time I see him. 




















No comments:

Post a Comment