Thursday, May 31, 2012

Zack de la Rocha of Rage Against the Machine

My workout playlist on my iPod consists of about 50 songs half of which are Rage Against the Machine. Every time Guerrilla Radio comes on I always end up putting the song on repeat and listening to it 2-3 times before moving on.  So needless to say, I thought it was pretty cool when I got the chance to meet Zach de la Rocha on Wednesday.  

I didn't know he was going to be there, it was just one of those Hollywood surprises.  I was just sitting on a lawn chair when a buddy came up and told me he just saw Zack walk down the sidewalk a block away. I grabbed two pickguards I keep in my bag and a microphone I keep in my bag and we headed in the direction he saw Zack walking.   We found him a few blocks away and he signed my microphone and a pickguard for me (I gave my second pickguard to my buddy because he didn't have anything along).  About as cool of a surprise as you can get, go from sitting in a lawn chair hanging out to getting a great musician on two cool items. 















No comments:

Post a Comment