Wednesday, February 19, 2014

House of Cards. The Best Show on TV.

Since Breaking Bad went off the air I've been feverishly searching for the next great tv show.  I have watched pilot episodes for so many new shows and have generally been disappointed by all of them.   

I was really pumped for Frank Darabont's new show Mob City. I loved the first season of Walking Dead so I was expecting his new show Mob City to be equally great.  It was ok, but it was not great.  

Second I thought Black Sails might be the next great show.  I liked the first episode, but nothing has happened since.  Nothing.  They have been planning and talking about doing something, while doing nothing, for four weeks now.  Hopefully the show picks up but after four episodes I have been disappointed. 

Thirdly I tried True Detective.  I will admit, this show has me intrigued.  I really like the performances of Matthew McConaughey and Woody Harrelson.  It has some serious potential.  But so far the show is rather dark and I think it lacks the humor and light moments necessary in a truly great show.

Well on February 14th Netflix started streaming Season Two of House of Cards, and I am happy to say I have found the next great show.  My Breaking Bad void has been satiated by House of Cards.    I already really liked House of Cards after season one, but season two hit me like a ton of bricks.  I plowed through the whole 13 episode season in a weekend.  And it left me satisfied.  The writing is amazing, the direction is fantastic, Robin Wright and Kevin Spacey will likely be locks for Emmys for years to come.  I would even argue the Netflix streaming format is the most convenient method to watch a tv show that exists.  Everything about House of Cards is good. Go watch it people! Immediately!  If you don't have a Netflix account, go get one.   You will not regret it.

And also. . . here are some pics of the cast signing at the Season 2 premiere in Hollywood:

If Frank Underwood were a real politician I would vote for him

Robin Wright is perfect for her role as Claire Underwood, the cold calculating ruthless politician's wife.


 Naive Zoe Barnes played by Kate Mara


Constance Zimmer plays the reporter hellbent on exposing corruption

Molly Parker takes on a huge role in Season 2

 Sam Page plays Claire's communications director in season 2.


Jayne Atkinson plays Catherine Durant who seems to be ready to ride the wake of Frank Underwood to the top

And Gil Birmingham who finds himself at odds with Frank in season two. 


GO WATCH THIS SHOW PEOPLE!!!!!












No comments:

Post a Comment