Wednesday, May 8, 2013

RDJ Robert Downey Jr Iron Man Tony Stark Autographs, Photos, Video


I had bad luck with getting Robert Downey Jr.'s autograph in 2011 and 2012.  I was shut out.  None. And I saw him probably five or six times.  Well I think RDJ is making up for it recently.  He was great at the Iron Man 3 premiere and signed for the whole block in true leading-man fashion.   So when he made another appearance this week I had to go. 

I was waiting for Robert to arrive when a few fans around me yelled "Robert" and I looked around trying to see who they were yelling at.  Usually celebs come dressed in suits or fancy dresses so they are easy to spot.  I didn't see anyone dressed up so I thought "who are these people yelling for".  Then I  did a double take and Robert Downey Jr was standing about 20 feet from me in sweats and a t-shirt.  It was casual camouflage.

Robert came over and signed and was in a great mood.  People were congratulating him on Iron Man 3 and saying how much they loved it.   Someone said, "Robert congrats on 175 million" (in case you didn't know Iron Man 3 had a opening weekend of 175 million which is an amazing number).  Upon hearing the compliment Robert said with a joking smile, "Oh is that how much it made . . . I didn't know".  













Robert signed autographs for every fan there and most people got multiples upon multiples.   I got him on two 16x20s and six 11x14s.  One is my Game of Shadows cast piece signed by Jarred Harris and Guy Ritchie, which I've been working on for over a year.  So completing that made me happy.

Robert Downey Jr you have probably made your way onto my best signers list of 2013. Well played.










No comments:

Post a Comment