Sunday, April 15, 2012

Al Pacino, you broke my heart.

Alright, let me preface this story by saying I am happy to get any autograph from a celebrity.  The fact that they take the time to sign for me is always greatly appreciated and it's always cool to meet the people you watch on the big screen in person.  However, I saw Al Pacino last week and had the most heartbreaking experience EVER happen to me.   

My buddy Will and I decided we would go sit outside a hotel for a few hours because nothing else was going on that day and we knew Lana Del Rey was staying there.  We were there about an hour and hadn't seen anyone yet when suddenly a car pulls up and we both look at each other and in unison say "Is that Pacino?"  Sure as shit, it was the Godfather himself . . . Al freakin' Pacino.  

I had Pacino photos in the car so I immediately went to get them.  Had Pacino really just fallen into our laps?!?  After waiting a few hours I spotted him coming out and getting in his car. He got in the passenger side (which was a good thing because I know he will roll down the window and sign from his car).  His car creeped forward and the window began to roll down and I knew it was on . . . I was about to get Pacino.  

He signed and I held out two 11x14 photos and he signed them both.  Or so I thought.  His car rolled away and I was elated with joy, I had just gotten two Pacinos.  I looked at my photos to examine his signature.  There's one, pretty nice at least for him, but wait, where is the other, I didn't see it anywhere on the photo.  I know he signed it, I saw him do it.  That's when I looked down and to my horror I saw . . . Al Pacino had signed the photo holder corner instead of the actual photo.  NOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I went from cloud nine to cloud-I-can't-believe-this-just-happened-to-me.  Instead of getting a "Say hello to my little friend" autograph all I got was a say hello to my little signed photo corner.   

I know it was you Pacino. You broke my heart.  You broke my heart. 

To top things off I looked at my video and I captured exact proof of Pacino signing my photo corner.  So now I can relive this epic moment for years to come.  

Here's a still of him signing my photo corner. 

Here's video of him doing it. 
Here's the finished product. 
So take a lesson from me graphers of the world and use black photo corners, because you don't want to have this happen to you too. 


But all joking aside I did get one nice Pacino right in the white space on my Scarface photo.  So I'm not complaining.  I'm happy that I got a legend of Hollywood to sign for me. 













No comments:

Post a Comment