Friday, April 6, 2012

Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope premiere

The premiere for Comic-Con Episode IV: A Fan's Hope was this week and I went largely hoping the Joss Whedon or Robert Kirkman would bring out some of their co-workers (Avengers, Firefly, Walking Dead, etc).  It ended up being mostly the people scheduled to be there and no surprises, but I was still happy with what I got. 

Holly Conrad was the first to show and I got her to sign my 12x18 poster image. 
Morgan Spurlock came next and I added him to my 12x18 poster and also had him signed two 8x10 poster shots.




Chris Bauer arrived next and while many people might recognize him as Sherriff Andy in True Blood, I think of him as Frank Sobotka in The Wire.   I've told Chris how much I like The Wire before and he even said it was his favorite show too.  Today I had two 11x14 from the Wire along and when Chris saw them he showed them off to his friends and even asked me if I could get him a copy of one of the images.  I told him I'd get him one the next time I see him.  Between the way in and out he signed both my Wire 11x14s, my True Blood cast 11x14, and my True Blood cast 8x10. 




Clark Gregg came next and I had him sign an Avengers 11x14 photo. 

Joe Manganiello arrived and I got him on an individual 8x10 and a cast 11x14. 

Stan Lee showed up and signed but came to one spot (not near me) and basically did not move.  Which I was a little heart broken about because this guy is a living legend to me.  I grew up on Marvel comics and any Stan Lee autograph I get is precious.  I was able to get one today, and it immediately went home and went in a frame on the wall. 
After the movie Robert Kirkman came out and signed anything we had, but would not sketch.  I don't blame him for not sketching anymore, because if you do one then everybody wants one and he could be there for hours.   He signed two cast 11x14 that Jon Bernthal signed for me about a week ago, and signed all my seven of my cast 8x10s that Bernthal had also signed. 

The Silver Surfer Doug Jones came out and I didn't have any photos along so I had him sign a dollar bill for me. 

Lastly Joss Whedon came out and signed.  I wasn't able to get a picture of him signing but I did get three 11x14 photos signed: two Avengers and one Serenity. Joss is not big on signing so I was pretty happy to get him now before the Avengers premiere where it might be so crazy he won't sign. 
Pretty much everyone who showed up signed and while I would have liked a few more Stan Lee's for my collection, I'm still happy with what I got. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment