Monday, April 2, 2012

Ellen Pompeo, Kadee Strickland, Tony Goldwyn, and Kerry Washington


I graphed an event of Monday with some of the cast members from Grey's Anatomy, Private Practice, and Scandal expected to attend.  A few celebs blew us off, a few signed, and the night went basically as well as expected. 

The first person to arrive was Sanda Oh, and oh does Sandra not like to sign autographs.  I've seen her three times the last six months and never gotten her autograph.  At least she's consistent, because she did not sign again tonight.  

Next was Kerry Washington and Kerry used to be really really tough if not impossible to get an autograph from, but I saw her a few months back and she signed so I was hopeful for tonight.  She got out of her towncar and starting walking our way to sign (Joy!), then she gets to my photo . . . the only photo I had along of her . . . looks at it and says "Oh I can't sign that one, that's too revealing" (Rejected!).   She didn't sign it even after I asked her to personalize it to me.  Bummer.  I did at least grab a buddy's more tame photo and she signed that one (I gave him back the photo though).  Here's the photo Kerry would NOT sign for anyone thinking of asking her:


Next to arrive was Tony Goldwyn and he was really cool.  He came over took my buddies pen and just signed anything that was put in front of him.  He didn't seem to care how many you had, he was just going to sign everything.  I had one 11x14 of The Last Samurai along and when I got that signed I helped my buddy get an 11x14 signed as well. 



Ellen Pompeo arrived next and was a total sweetheart.  She signed everything we had, talked to the fans, and even thanked some girls who said Grey's is the best part about their Thursday nights.  I had two 11x14s along and she signed them both for me. 






Right after Ellen was KaDee Strickland and I had never met her before but I had a good feeling she was going to be nice so I had four 11x14s along.  I'm happy to report she was really nice and signed them all for me.


Taye Diggs also showed up and signed a few autograph. I didn't have anything for him to sign so I just  took a few pictures of him. 


So I walked away on the night with seven 11x14s signed.  

Sandra Oh and Shonda Rimes were the only two celebs on the DID NOT SIGN LIST. 






No comments:

Post a Comment