Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Act of Valor Premiere: Roselyn Sanchez, Emilio Rivera, and active duty Navy Seals

When I was watching the Super Bowl a preview for Act of Valor came on and I immediately thought this movie looks awesome and  I need to work on a cast poster of it. When I researched the movie I found it was a really interesting concept.  They took real life Navy seals and used them in the movie.  Go to this website and check out the behind the scenes video it explains a lot about how the movie was made:
I was able do find some of the pictures of the active duty Navy Seals in the movie with their first names (I don't think the military wants their last names to be publicized).  So I had an idea of who to ask to sign. I ended up with one 11x14 poster image with eight names on it and one 12x18 poster image with nine names on it. 

Here's photos of everyone signing the poster images for me:

Nestor Serrano signed both my 12x18 and 11x14:
Navy Seal Duncan signed my 12x18 but not my 11x14:
Navy Seals Mike and Rourke both signed my 11x14 and 12x18:
Movie Villan Alex Veadov signed both my 11x14 and 12x18:
 Navy Seal Derrick signed both my 11x14 and 12x18:
Gonzalo Menendez signed both my 11x14 and 12x18:
Navy Seal Ray signed both my 11x14 and 12x18:
And Emilio Rivera signed both my 11x14 and 12x18:

Throughout the night I also got Roselyn Sanchez to sign two 11x14s for me: 

Danny Trejo is friends with Emilio Rivera and he signed my Sons of Anarchy, Breaking Bad, and Fanboys cast 11x14s:
Emilio also signed my Sons of Anarchy cast 11x14 and wrote "Alvarez" his character name:





I got a picture with Windell the Miller High Life guy

Michael Clarke Duncan signed an 8x10 for me:

And I had some major blow offs by two celebs:

First was Tim Tebow.  Man this dude was having no part of us.  We didn't know he was going to be there so we had nothing for him to sign.  I just wanted a picture with the guy and he pretty much strait ignored us while standing just ten feet away.  I saw him about six months back when he was on Jimmy Kimmel and he was also not nice then.   Everything in the media is that this dude is an angel and super fan friendly but I've met him twice and he hasn't been cool either time.  Two strikes Tebow.  You better be nice to me next time I see you. 

Second was Metallica guitarist Kirk Hammett.  I saw him go into the party and didn't have anything along with me to get signed.  So I ran four blocks to my car and got a pickguard and ran 4 blocks back.  Well the dude comes out of the party and my friend just wants a picture with him.  We call him over and ask for a picture, he takes it, then I ask if he can sign an autograph and show him my pickguard.  He sees it and ignores me while standing directly in front of me like he can't hear me.  Then walks away.  Then the guy to my right asks Kirk if he can sign his cast photo.  Kirk walks back over to us, borrows my silver marker to sign the guys photo, then when I ask him to sign my pickguard he ignores me again.  Some people behind me hold out some index cards and he signs them.   The whole time not acknowledging me or my pickguard that are right in front of him.   Kirk, I understand if you don't want to sign a pickguard . . . just say "Sorry man I don't sign those".  It's cool.   I'll understand.  But don't treat me like shit and act like you can't hear me or see me when I'm standing directly in front of you.  Not cool man.  The whole experience really sullied my perception of Kirk and Metallica.








No comments:

Post a Comment