Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Weinstein Oscar Party: Olga Kurylenko, Jared Leto, Rose McGowan and more


I graphed the Weinstein Oscar Party on Tuesday and did pretty well.  The party was being held at a Hotel where you often get other celebrities who wander in and out, so it's a good place to get surprise people.  Well the night started off with an immediate surprise.  I got there about an hour early and saw Gillian Jacobs walking down the sidewalk with her friends.  I told my buddy to watch which way she goes and ran 2 blocks back to the car for my photo of her.   I got it, ran back, and my buddy said she was a couple blocks down the street that way.  So i ran another two blocks, caught up to her, and she signed for me.  She asked if I had any other photos (she must not have liked this one).  I did not so she was nice enough to sign it even though she didn't like it. 
Next the actual event started and Olga Kurylenko arrived.  She does not sign her "sexy" shots so I didn't get any of my 8x10s done because they were all too sexy.  But I did get two 11x14s done. 


Next to wander through was Jason Segel and this dude is always a class act.  He signed for everyone, took pictures with everyone, and was just an all around nice guy. I got a dollar bill signed by him and added him to my new How I Met Your Mother cast 11x14. 



Next was James Cromwell and I did not know he was going to be here so I did not have my The Artist cast piece along.  I did get him to sign a dollar bill for me and he was very nice to everyone. 


Next was my pleasant surprise of the night:  Jared Leto.   No one knew he was going to be there, but he pulled up in a car and got out and some girls called him and asked if they could get a picture with him.  He said "On the way out, I promise".   And true to his word about half an hour later he came out and signed everything we had and took pictures with everyone who asked.  I had thirteen 11x14s in the car because when I ordered one particular image the photo store accidentally gave me ten of the image instead of one.  I gave three of my 11x14s to my buddy for him to keep and got ten signed myself.  This alone made my night.  

And the lastly Rose McGowan came out and signed.  She was being kind of diva-ish.  Which I'm totally OK with.  In fact it's kind of funny.  But she signed one of the three 11x14s I had along.  And was acting very fabulous the whole time she was there.  
All in all a pretty good night. 





No comments:

Post a Comment