Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Lana Del Rey on Jimmy Kimmel Live: pictures, video, autographs

I went for Lana Del Rey on Monday when she was scheduled to do a performance in Hollywood on Jimmy Kimmel Live.  She is believed by many to be the next big thing, so I knew things would be crazy for her.  But I had no idea how absolutely insane it would get when she signed leaving her performance.

My plan was to get catch her before she went in, so my buddy and I arrived seven hours before her performance.  It was a good call because Lana came six hours early and there were only eight people waiting for her when she arrived.  She spent a solid three minutes with us taking pictures, signing autographs, and talking to us.  She signed two 11x14s for me, I got great video of her signing, and I got a picture with her.




I was happy with just this, but I wanted to graph the Act of Valor premiere in a few hours so I figured why not hang around Jimmy Kimmel and see if the guests: Jeff Goldblum and David Allen Grier signed and maybe catch Lana on the way out.

Well Both Jeff and David didn't sign on the way in (I never saw either leave so I can't say if they did it on  the way out).  And just as I was about to leave for Act of Valor I heard people yelling "Lana" "Lana".   So I ran back and got in the mix.  It was insane.  There were probably 200 fans there at this point and they were all acting like a pack of starving hyenas hungry for blood.  I stood behind a seven foot chain link fence holding my item over the top of it and got absolutely crushed from people behind me.  I managed to get one 11x14 signed but Lana was just signing her first name in the chaos not her full signature.  If the madness of the crowd is any indication of her success, Lana Del Rey is going to be bigger than Lady Gaga.

No comments:

Post a Comment