Saturday, February 4, 2012

Jean Dujardin and Berenice Bejo honored at Santa Barbara Film Fest

While I haven't seen The Artist yet I hear great things about the silent film.  It has a TON of Oscar nominations and I think Jean is the frontrunner for the Best Actor nod.  So I had to go to Santa Barbara for them when they were being honored on Saturday.
The first to arrive was Malcolm McDowell and he signed one 8x10 poster shot for me.

Jean came and he was super friendly and nice.  There were a surprising amount of French speaking fans at the event and he was having long conversations in French I could not understand a word of.  He took care of the whole crowd and took pictures with fans and signed up a storm for everyone.  I got him on four 11x14s and two 8x10s.



Berenice arrived immediately after Jean and she was also in a great mood and very nice to everyone.  She also was talking in French a lot and at one point looked and me and said something in French to me.  No idea what it was . . . but is sounded cool.  She signed eight 11x14s for me and was constantly saying she liked my big photos.
 I love the photo below because you can see my huge stack on 11x14 photos stacked on one another.

When I ran out of Berenice photos I backed away from the crowd and looked over to the side to see Michel Hazanavicius standing there talking to someone.  He is Berenice's husband, but more importantly he directed The Artist.  I walked right up to him and asked him to sign.  He signed two 8x10s for me and was very polite.

As nice as this cast was on this day, I hope they all win Oscars. 

No comments:

Post a Comment