Tuesday, January 17, 2012

AMC Network Party: Mad Men, The Walking Dead, and more

Well the next network party I graphed was the AMC day.  A few other cable networks were also on this day, but AMC was the majority of the day with The Walking Dead and Mad Men scheduled to have people showing up.

The day started off pretty good when the cast of Happily Divorced all rolled through.  All I had along was one cast 8x10, but I managed to get all six cast members pictured to sign it.  A small victory early in the day.






Next was a surprise, the Karate Kid himself, Ralph Macchio.  I had photos for him but I left then with a friend the day before and never got them back so I instead got him to sign a dollar bill for me. 
Next Melissa Suzanne McBride from The Walking Dead came through.  She was not on the lists we got of who was going to be there but I had 3 cast 11x14s along that needed her on them so I added her to each of them. She was very nice and seemed to like my cast pieces signed by so many people. 



Next was Norman Reedus and the last time I saw him I learned that he was a great signer.  I had three things for him last time and watched as he signed 10-15 each for other people.  Today I was prepared.  He signed 10 for me: 1 combo 11x14 with Steven Yeun, 1 cast 11x14, and 8 individual 8x10s . . . and he took a picture with me.  Super nice guy. 



Then Kevin Smith arrived and I have always liked him as a director.  He signed my two 8x10s and I got a photo with him. 



The cast of Dallas arrived next and I got Jesse Metcalfe, Patrick Duffy, and Josh Henderson to complete two combo 8x10s from the show.  They were all kind of weird about signing and didn't sign much.



Next I caught Aneurin Barnard another BBC transplant walking through.  He was nice and signed two 8x10s for me and also did pictures with. 

Next came another random sighting Holliday Grainger from The Borgias had slipped by us for three days without anyone seeing her but when I spotted her co-star Francois walking towards me I saw Holliday was with him and I got her to sign three out of six 8x10s I had for her.  One was a combo with Francois, one was a cast shot signed by both Francois and Jeremy Irons, and one was an individual 8x10. 



Rachel Leigh Cook came out next and she didn't sign much and I wasn't even able to get one from her.  
Next was Jordana Brewster and after getting goose-egged on Rachel I needed to get Jordana.  I was able to get two 11x14s done and was pretty happy with that. 



Eric McCormack came out next and was nice as always and signed my three 8x10s I had along. 




Then the cast of Mad Men started to roll through.  The main cast can be kind of hit and miss when it comes to autographs.  Jon Hamm has no problem telling you no.  Christina Hendricks and Elisabeth Moss often just don't sign.  John Slattery you just never see out and about.  Today however, was a different story.   Everyone was in a great mood and signed and took pictures with.  The only person from the cast I didn't get was January Jones and that was because she didn't show up.  Nice to be pleasantly surprised sometimes. 










Below: John Slattery completing my 5 person 11x14 I've been carrying around for months





I ended up completing one 5 person 11x14, getting 5 out of 6 cast members pictured a new 11x14 (January Jones needed), completely filling my cast 8x10, and getting two Jared Harris 8x10s I had brought because I knew how nice he is.  Great Mad Men haul. 



And at the end of the night it got even sweeter when Steven Yeun and Robert Kirkman came out.  I also had previous experience with Steven and knew he signs up a storm.  I got him on 11 things in a matter of a minute.  Three 11x14s and eight 8x10s.  

Walking Dead creator Robert Kirkman was next and he was nice as always I got him on my 11x14 and four 8x10s and got a picture with him. 




Possibly my best network party yet!!

The DID NOT SIGN LIST included no one really . . .
 Patrick Duffy signed about 6 autographs for a crowd of 15, Rachel Leigh Cook only did about 12, and Kelly Rowan only signed about 6 but at least they all picked up a sharpie at some point in the day. 













No comments:

Post a Comment