Monday, January 16, 2012

The Grey Premiere: Liam Neeson stiffs!

I went downtown for The Grey premiere really hoping to get Liam Neeson's autograph.   Well I was severely disappointed. 

I got there and they were setting up the red carpet. 
The first person to sign was Frank Grillo.  I had gotten his autograph already at the Warrior premiere so I didn't really need any more.  I just took a few pictures of him. 
Nonso Anozie arrived next and I got him to sign my Rocknrolla cast 11x14 previously signed by Guy Ritchie and Mark Strong.  I asked him, "could you write Tank on it" which is his character name in the movie.  He did but he wrote it as though he was personalizing it to Tank before his signature. I think he forgot his character name in the movie when I asked him. Weird.  Especially since when I had Mark Strong sign this 11x14 at the Tinker Tailer premiere I asked him to write Archy on it and he misspelled his character name "Archie".  Don't actors have to constantly read scripts to learn lines? How do you forget how to spell your character name? Funny stuff. 


James Badge Dale dropped next and I screamed my lungs out for him to come over.  I really wanted him on my Departed 11x14 (he shoots Leo in the head for crying out loud that's a crucial character) and I also wanted him on my Pacific cast 11x14 signed by Jon Bernthal and Jacob Pitts because James is basically the main character of The Pacific.  Well he stiffed.  I was bummed. 

My sadness only grew exponentially when Liam Neeson came and ignored the fans.  He walked directly to the red carpet and didn't sign one autograph at the premiere.  I left after arrivals but I had friends who waited and he did not sign leaving the premiere either.  Not cool.  

So kind of a big huge waste of my time. But you win some you lose some and this was definitely a loss.  Hopefully I get James Badge Dale and Liam the next time I see them.   



No comments:

Post a Comment