Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Catching Matt Damon at the airport

Matt Damon is a Boston guy thru and thru and he spends most of his time there.  Which sucks because the guy is incredibly nice and one of the best autograph signers in the business.  You just don't see him much in Los Angeles though so when he is in town you have to do everything in your power to see him.

Well I got word that Matt was flying into town for one day and leaving 12 hours after he flew in.  I tried to make the incoming flight but mother nature had it in for me and there was no jet stream to slow the plane down and his flight arrived 55 minutes early.  Yep 55 minutes early. I arrived to the airport 40 minutes before the flight was scheduled to arrive and I missed him by 15 minutes.

So I had to go back for the departing flight later that night and this time I showed up 3 hours before it was scheduled to leave.  Unfortunately Matt did not show up until 45 minutes before it was scheduled to leave and was being rushed by airline workers when he did arrive.

He was still nice as always and apologized to us for not being able to sign for us longer.   I took video of him signing and he signed for about 1 minute and 10 seconds and in that time I was able to get 5 autographs from him.  They were on:
1) A Departed combo 11x14 already signed by Leo
2) A Good Will Hunting combo 11x14 already signed by Robin Williams
3) A Good Will Hunting combo 8x10 already signed by Robin Williams
4) A Saving Private Ryan 11x14 that I want to make a cast piece
5) A Departed 8x10
I'll take that any day of the week, and next time I have a flight on him . . . I'm showing up 3 hours early for the arrival.

No comments:

Post a Comment