Friday, January 20, 2012

Underworld Awakening Premiere: Kate Beckinsale, Michael Ealy, and India Eisley

I attended the Underworld Awakening premiere on January 19th and it was a Hollywood Blvd premiere so by no means was it low key.  I got there early and grabbed a spot on the rail I thought would be the best.  It was still a few hours before the premiere so I snapped a picture of the Mann's Chinese Theatre with the Underworld set up. 
After waiting a few hours drops began and Michael Ealy was the first actor to come across the street and sign for fans.  I honestly didn't think he would sign because from past experience he hasn't been the friendliest, but he made up for it on this night.  He spent time signing, taking pictures with fans, and being generally cool.  I helped a friend get his poster signed and I got a picture with him. 


Basically only the big stars cross the street for Hollywood Blvd premiere so we now waited for Kate Beckinsale to show.  About 45 minutes after Michael had signed, Kate showed and we screamed our lungs out to get her to cross the street.  Here's the video I took of us screaming:

She crossed the street and I was all game faced with one item in each hand, but she started walking right towards me and I looked at her hands and she didn't have a sharpie in them.  I looked around for someone with her to hand her a sharpie.  "Someone give this woman a sharpie!" was all I could think.  But it didn't happen and I had to change my plan.  Instead of a double-fisting photos in each hand I had to put both boards in one hand and pulled a sharpie out of my pocket with the other hand because I knew everyone else would be dumbfounded and not hand her one.  She saw my sharpie and came right to me, took it from me and began to sign.  I got two 11x14s done, but having to use my free hand to give her a sharpie cost me at least one to two autographs. I was not satisfied.  So I had to stay for the after-party. 

Luckily Kate Beckinsale is really nice and she signed again at the after party.  I got two more 11x14s from her and took this picture of her leaving after she signed. 
 Here is the night's Kate Beckinsale haul:
The next car to arrive to the after party was India Eisley's and I was actually really hoping to get her to sign my two 11x14 photos.  She was nice and signed them for me no problem.   


Not a bad night at all considering I only put in about 6 hours.  

The DID NOT SIGN LIST included: No one.  Everyone was nice today. 




No comments:

Post a Comment