Thursday, January 5, 2012

Beneath the Darkness Premiere Dennis Quaid, Bai Ling, Brett Cullen, and more

The Christmas lull in Hollywood is over and events are back on in full force.  I went to the Beneath the Darkness premiere tonight and was happy just to be getting autographs again.   Other than a few autographs here and there I haven't really done much since about a week before Christmas.

The night ended up being a very productive night.  One of the first to show up was Jennifer Gimenez.  She is incredibly nice and signed some photos for people who had them.  I didn't have any photos along but I got her to sign a dollar for me.



Next to arrive was Madison Leisle who has a part in The Walking Dead spinoff.  I added her to my cast piece that Jon Bernthal had already signed for me when he was on Kimmel. 

Next to come through was Team USA Volleyball player Morgan Beck.  She signed a bunch (which is rare for an athlete).  I only had one along and she signed in nicely and put "USA!" on it. 



Next was Greg Collins who has been in lots of movies and TV shows. I didn't know he was going to be there, but had along my True Blood cast 11x14 I carry with me at all times and he gladly signed it. 



Next were 2 people I was very excited for Brett Cullen and Bai Ling.  I'm a big fan of Lost so any time I see someone who was on the show I'm happy.  Brett plays Goodwin who is a crucial character, and Bai Ling just has such a cool autograph.  I got both Bai and Brett to sign my 2 Lost 11x14 cast photos I'm working on, Bai signed an 11x14 Playboy cover, and I also had Brett sign a Dollar Bill for me. 










And lastly the main event, Dennis Quaid!!!  I'm a big baseball fan and thus enjoy baseball movies.  Dennis plays Jimmy Morris in The Rookie, and while it's no Field of Dreams or The Natural, I liked the movie.  I really wanted to get Dennis to sign a baseball for me, but I want all my baseballs signed in blue ball point pen on the sweetspot.  The problem is it gets quite chaotic when big name celebrities sign and you get pushed and shoved and sometimes cannot even get one autograph from them (let alone get them to switch from a sharpie to a ball point pen).  I knew my ONLY shot at this was if I was the first person he came to.   He finished up his last interview on the red carpet and we called him over.  He headed in my general direction and I extended my arms as far as I could showing him the baseball and the pen, and BAM he took it, signed the sweetspot, and handed it back.  Victory!

He then grabbed a sharpie and the sea of photos came flying from the 3 rows of collectors in the fan pit.   I was able to put away my baseball and pull out my Footloose cast pieces I've been working on since the premiere.  I had 2 8x10s that I needed him on, and I was able to get 1 done but it was just too crazy to get the 2nd one in there.  

All in all another good night graphing.  Not too many individual items, but I added value to many of my cast pieces and was able to get a really premium item with my Dennis Quaid sweetspot baseball.  



No comments:

Post a Comment