Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Luck Premiere: Kit Harington, Freddie Roach, and more

HBO is launching a new show called Luck which stars Dustin Hoffman, and they had the premiere for it on Hollywood Blvd on Wednesday night.   I decided it would be way more beneficial to go for the "walkers" at the premiere than the stars of show.  (Definition: Walkers are celebrities who are not in a show or movie but want to see it so they come and watch the premiere as a spectator)

I had a good feeling that other HBO talent would come to the premiere as walkers and boy was I right.   Unfortunately I did not have my camera along with me so I am forced to settle for a few cell phone pictures and a few pictures friends sent me.

The first to come through was Lindsay Pulsipher and I added her to my True Blood cast 11x14.

Next to come was Shaun Toub and I added him to my second Lost cast 11x14 and started a new one too.


Next was Charles Esten and I know him as Josh Porter in The Office so I quickly pulled out my new Office cast 11x14 and added him to it.


Brian Van Holt came and I added him my cast Black Hawk Down 11x14 signed by Jason Isaacs.

Rex Lee came through next and I had a combo 11x14 of him and Ari, Rex signed it for me.

Then came Chris Bauer who is probably most known for his role of True Blood as Andy Bellefleur, but I was recently introduced to The Wire and just finished season 2 where he is a crucial character, Frank Sobotka. I added him to my Wire cast 11x14 already signed by Glenn Thurman.  My buddy commented to Chris that The Wire is his favorite show on TV and Chris said it was his too.


Next was a surprise, Freddie Roach the famous boxing trainer who trains Manny Pacquiao and many others.  We were not expecting him and I was disappointed in myself because I have a 11x14 signed by Pacquiao that needs Freddie to be complete, but I left it at home.  We called Freddie over, but someone gave him a dead sharpie so I got his crappy index card.



Then the grand prize came through. Kit Harington is a major role on Game of Thrones and we were really hoping someone from Game of thrones would come.  He walked right past me on the crowded sidewalk but after he was passed me I caught the back of his head and called him.  He is rare, but is really nice.  He signed five 11x14s for me and took a picture with as well.
(I sent the signed 11x14s to PSA to get authenticated and forgot to take a picture I'll post one when I get them back)

I took a big gamble after the premiere.  The after party was to the right of the theatre but the parking lot was to the left of the theatre.  I really wanted Freddie Roach to sign a boxing glove I keep in my car, so I made the decision to wait to the left of the theatre hoping he would skip the after party and go directly home.   I got lucky.  He came out of the theatre and walked right over to me on his way to his car.  I got him on my glove and got a picture with him.


Great night.

No comments:

Post a Comment