Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Martin Scorsese honored at Santa Barbara Film Fest

Martin Scorsese is in New York more than LA so when I heard he was being honored in Santa Barbara I decided it was worth it to drive the hour and a half to try to get him.  I was really hoping some of his famous friends might show up . . . maybe Chloe Moretz or Asa Butterfield . . . maybe Leo . . . because getting any of them would just be icing on the cake.

Well after the hour and a half drive I got there and they were setting up.  I talked to some of the people in charge and they said originally Leonardo DiCaprio was supposed to be there . . . but then he cancelled and they replaced him with Ben Kingsley.  I would have preferred Leo but I'll take Sir Ben.
After a few hours of waiting, arrivals began and Sir Ben was the first to show.  He signed and was very closely looking at everyone's faces as he did it.  I got him to sign my Hugo 12x18 and he asked me if I had seen the movie.




Martin Scorsese was in the next car about five minutes later, and he was great about signing.  I had to maneuver through the crowd to get him at multiple areas and ended up getting six from him: two 12x18s and four 11x14s.




We waited three hours until the event was over and both Sir Ben and Scorsese went right to their cars without signing on the way out.  That made the drive home at 1:00am a bit sucky, but walking away with six Scorsese autographs is still a pretty awesome day.

No comments:

Post a Comment