Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Spartacus Vengeance Premiere

I managed to get out for a few hours today to graph the Spartacus Vengeance premiere in Hollywood. It was relatively low key and I really liked the show in season one when Andy Whitfield was Spartacus so I'm hoping Liam McIntyre can fill his shoes now that Andy has passed away.

I got to the event and they were setting up the red carpet, and by the time the first drop happened there were only about 15 people there to get autographs in my section.  There was another section where about 100 people were crammed in, but I prefer smaller crowds so I avoided that area.
Manu Bennett, or Crixus the Undefeated, was the first to arrive and started the mood out right.  The guy is awesome and spent probably five minutes with us signing.  When he was done he even asked "Did I get everybody?" Too nice.  I had two 12x18 photos and two 11x14 photos along.  I got them all done easily and he wrote "Crixus" on three of four without me even asking.  Great guy. 





The next to arrive was Liam McIntyre (the new Spartacus), and he is already not a great signer.  I heard these stories about he guy being super nice down at comic-con this year and signing up a storm, but now his publicist is telling him to be stingy with signing and make sure you only signs one each.  I got one 11x14 signed by him which sucks because I would have like to add him to some cast pieces.  


Next to arrive was Cynthia Addai-Robinson who is the is replacing Leslie-Ann Brandt on the show as Naevia.  She signed both my cast 8x10s no problem. 
Katrina Law was next and she was amazingly nice.  Thanked us for coming out. Thanked us for watching the show.  I got her to sign one 12x18, one 11x14, and one cast 8x10. 


Next to arrive was Daniel Feuerriegel and I regret not printing individual shots for him because the dude was really cool and nice.  I added him to both my cast 8x10s though. 

Nick Tarabay was the next to arrive and he was pretty cool too.  I got him to sign two 11x14s no problem. 



Next to arrive was Viva Bianca, and while I despise her character on the show, she is nice in person and signed two out of the three 11x14s I had along for her. 


Lastly Ellen Hollman showed up and signed.  I added her to both my cast 8x10 shots.  
Here is what my cast 8x10s ended up looking like, both have Steven DeKnight (creator), Daniel Feuerriegel, Cynthia Addai-Robinson, and Ellen Hollman and one also has Katrina Law:

Lucy Lawless and Peter Mensa signed but not in my section so everyone who showed up to the premiere did end up signing at some point. 








No comments:

Post a Comment