Tuesday, January 17, 2012

HBO and Starz Network Party: Karen Gillan, Jeffrey Dean Morgan, and more

Well the HBO and Starz network parties ended up being long days filled with a whole lot of nothing-ness.
The head of HBO security takes everyone into the back to avoid the fan area.  So many of the people who were there we never saw and I don't blame the celebrity for that when security is advising them not to go in or out the front entrance, I just question why that one security guard thinks it is such a big deal to have them walk by us. 

We did end up getting a few names. The creator of Spartacus Steven S. DeKnight came and signed by two 8x10s for me. 

Then after hours upon hours of waiting Jeffrey Dean Morgan saved the day.  He came over signed up a storm and was thanking us for coming out, cracking jokes, and generally brightening our otherwise dreary day. 



Kelly Lynch came through and I was able to get her on one of two 8x10s I had along.

Then the surprise of the day Nick Nolte.  He signed and it shocked me.  I was going to bring my Warrior 12x18 I have on my wall from the premiere with everyone on it except Nolte (who didn't sign at the premiere) but when I woke up at 6:00am I forgot to bring it.  I immediately regretted it. 

Lou Diamond Phillips was next and he was nice and signed two 8x10s for me. 

Then I got the best autographs of the day when Karen Gillan showed up. She is huge in England and is on one of the most popular shows on the BBC, Doctor Who.  She signed three 11x14s for me. 

And lastly Katee Sackhoff came and signed very quickly.  I got her on one of my four 8x10s. 

Not a great quantity day but the three Karen Gillan 11x14s made it a quality day. 

The DID NOT SIGN LIST included: everyone from HBO but I can't blame the talent when the head of security is bringing everyone in the back entrance and making them leave that way too. 







No comments:

Post a Comment